Here are some of the best ways to increase dopamine.
- Exercise regularly. Research shows that exercise improves neurotransmission and dopamine is a neurotransmitter. You don’t have to go out and run a marathon, but you should incorporate regular exercise into a healthy lifestyle.
- Set Goals. Reaching a goal or finishing a task can be a huge release of dopamine. So set little milestones for yourself! Something as simple as setting a goal to clean out a drawer…and then actually doing it, can be incredibly satisfying and helps naturally boost your dopamine!
- Reduce stress. Why? Because not only is stress associated with low dopamine, but stress is a contributing factor in more conditions than we can list here. So meditate, take yoga, read a book, unplug, repeat.
- Sleep well. Studies show that lack of sleep can lower your production of dopamine. Try a nap this weekend.
- Take supplements. Certain supplements, like those found in Synaptamine can help boost your dopamine levels. So remember, 1/2 oz, twice a day.