Are you feeling inspired by Team USA and the upcoming events in Korea? We’ve got Olympic fever at Sanus, so in honor of the athletes, we thought we’d give you some of our favorite weekend warrior ideas-winter edition!
- Build a snow fort. Snow forts come in all shapes and sizes and can be surprising warm inside. If you’re not sure where to start, here is a link to some ideas.
- Build a bonfire and make s’mores. Here is a great video with ideas for a s’mores bar.
- Go ice skating. (then go home and have a s’mores party!).
- Go cross country skiing. Cross country is fantastic exercise and usually takes you through some amazingly scenic areas. You can also rent skis easily. Not convinced? Watch this great instructional video.
- Go on a photo expedition and take pictures of winter images and landscapes. Here are some pictures for inspiration.
- Go sledding. This might be the easiest activity to try. If you’ve got snow and a gradual hill, you can sled.
- Plan a winter picnic. This sounds counter intuitive, but bundle up, grab a few lawn chairs, a thermos of soup and off you go. Here are some simple ideas of what to make!
- Go snowshoeing. Not as difficult as cross country skiing! Check out REI’s beginner guide.
- Feeling extremely adventurous? Why not try ice fishing? Some equipment required. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Last, but certainly not least, you can make a mug of hot chocolate, grab a book or magazine and sit on your porch.
What are some of your favorite winter activities?