Cinco de Mayo Tacos
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Here are some mouth-watering (and healthy) taco recipes for your Cinco de Mayo celebration. Enjoy!
- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 to 6 tortillasLime wedges, to garnish
- Salsa (optional)
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together the cabbage, cilantro, mint, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Char or warm the tortillas, wrapping the finished tortilla in paper towels or a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Break up the tilapia fillets into large chunks, and place in the center of the tortillas along with the cabbage mixture. Serve with lime wedges and optional salsa accompanying the tacos.
- 1/2 pound cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- SaltFreshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and cut into quarters
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (about 2 ounces)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Toss together the cabbage, lime juice and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, mash 1 avocado quarter over each tortilla. Season with salt. Top with some of the cabbage mixture and queso fresco. Garnish with lime wedges and serve immediately.